Quote of The Day

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Happy Easter Nine Years, Nine things!!

Digital art...click to enlarge for full impact!

March 30th marked nine years of blogging!!
It no longer feels as significant...it's just a lifestyle. I used to blog daily 
and now it's weekly.
Some weeks are harder to get it together than others! This week I managed to get a few 
ideas into draft so I can elaborate later. I even had a blogger friend suggest a 
great subject!! If anyone out there is interested is throwing a idea my way
just shoot me an email....
 I am always open to new ideas or subject matter 
as well as good questions!
So I thought this would be the perfect week to explore 
9 positive and negative sides to blogging!


The negative side of blogging for nine years!!
1, Some of my art and blog posts from the beginning are terrible and should be deleted! 
2, Some of my really great posts from the beginning have never been read!
3, It's a long time to blog so at times it's difficult to remember back whether your idea has already been addressed!
4, Blogging can feel a bit narcissistic at times! "I" can really get sick of myself at times.... especially when "I" use the word "I" too much!!
5,The  original reason I started  blogging has changed immensely over time, taking a different road as my legacy! There are less photos and more artwork!

6, Sometimes you're not sure why you blog....yet there's an  internal pressure to keep it going!! That's when the content quality lacks!!
7, There are times I really regret some of the artwork I've put out there!!
8, At times I feel internal pressure to be better than I am artistically..... especially lately since I started going through instagram. The saving grace is that I know I am a one of a kind!!
9, It's difficult not to throw age into the equation of my experience and still see things through current eyes!!



 The positive Side of Blogging for Nine Years!

1, I love blogging because like minded people gather to share thoughts and ideas!
2, It's a way to express myself where people are willing to listen and comment thoughtfully!
3,It has been such a good lesson of self exploration, I have learned so much 
 about myself and the evolution of my creativity!
4, It helps  me stay disciplined and on  track creating.

5,In planning posts beautiful positive energy fills my brain  where negative thoughts could take root!
6, It's a place to purge a quandary, or new ideas and get great feedback!
7, It's a way to preserve the history of thought and creativity, not to mention events!
8, It's a place to grow and flourish, with art, words and wonderful new friends!
9, Lastly  it's a  place to express some of what I have learned over a lifetime!


Nine Things I have Learned while blogging Nine Years!!

1, It's very important to read other blogs, to generate a kinship, get new ideas and be inspired!!
2 While focusing on blog ideas you look at the world in a new way. Things to create and new things to say....it revs the creative juices!!
3 Blogging feeds a creative hunger that could otherwise lead  to unhappiness, depression and searching for the trivial things to fill a void!
4 All forms of creative expression are good!! You never need to copy anyone since we all have our own personal style that needs an outlet!! There is no other you!!

5 One hundred people can draw the exact same thing and all one hundred pieces of art can be interesting and fun to explore!
6 No matter who negates what you do you must continue to do what you are passionate about until it no longer fuels your fire!! Social media has become a way of life. We must all learn about it to stay current!

7 Blogging can eat up a lot of your time.  I have learned  many things can take precedence over blogging so you need to schedule time for it, and teach others the importance of your blog and creative time!!
8 Blogging can divert you from stressful everyday issues, it can also be  a wonderful stage to purge thoughts and  ideas you may feel alone with! Not to mention comments often inspire new thought!!
9 I have learned that I think about and really care for those in  blogland, pray for them when they are ill or have issues, worry about their well being, and truly wish them well! I am excited when they succeed or have triumphs, I'm happy for anything good that happens in their life!  I am grateful for each and everyone I have ever had an interaction with. Thank you a million thank yous for sticking with me over the years!! I have met some truly beautiful creative peaceful souls!! 

What is the most significant thing you have learned from blogging?

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!!


33 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Congrats on the 9 years! Your blog is one of my favorites as I always enjoy what you have to say, what you've drawn or painted and just your shining personality lifts everyone's spirits. Another nine years and many more posts. Awesome work, Happy PPF and Happy Easter too.

Christine said...

Happy Easter Giggles and congrats on 9 years, wow I've been doing it for 6 years which is pretty long too. Nice art to go with this reflective post.

Christine said...

Happy Easter Giggles, congrats on 9 years. I've been blogging 6 years and thought that was long. Nice art to go with this reflective post.

Valerie-Jael said...

Congrats on your 9 reasons. I think blogging helps us to meet people we would otherwise never have met, and often enriches our lives. Love your colourful work today. Happy Easter, hugs, Valerie

Jeanet said...

You are certainly one of a kind :) I love your paintings especially the dogs - so cute.
Thanks for sharing this post.

Clare Lloyd said...

Happy Easter super fun projects!

froebelsternchen said...

fantastic pieces Giggles. Happy PPF!
Happy blogging anniversary!
I love blogging... it's the best diary for me.. never wrote a diary - and love to meet other creative minded people round the globe, while sitting here countryside and love my quite life.

kat said...

This is a great post and I love those bunnies, wacky and totally fun! That bunny with wings is soaring and taking flight, full of Spring hope!
Ah the question of blogging, I am still amazed I'm actually doing this, I'm not one for portable phones, face book or any of that but this happened and it has thrilled me from the beginning to share in this way with like minded people all across the world!

Lorraine said...

9 years wow..just counted mine is 7yrs. Blogging is a great way to share art, ideas, have arty friends who get you..happy easter

My name is Erika. said...

How true. Technology has good and bad things to it. I enjoy making a little time to blog. I love looking back at my journey too. And although scary, putting myself out there has been a really positive experience. Anyhow, I love your Easter paintings. They made me smile.The bunny with the basket made me smile. Happy Easter weekend.

PaintingWrite said...

Congratulations on the 9 year blogging anniversary! I loved this post because everything you said resonated with me. When I look at my early posts and how very different my art is now than then I realise just what a journey I have come on and I am so grateful to blogging as it has opened so many doors and, like you said, introduced me to so many like minded people all over the world that I may never get to meet in the flesh but who I nevertheless consider to be friends. I laughed at the point about the great early posts that no one ever read - I have so many of those - posts I thought were witty or profound and it was like I was just whistling in the wind as no one ever saw them!!I love your dogs painting - super cute!

Paper rainbow said...

Of all the blogs I read yours is always the one which makes me leave more thoughtful and reflective than when I arrived. Your posts are so well thought out I can't imagine how much effort goes into the writing and thought process...I just mess about with paint and fabric....!
Nine years is an amazing achievement. All I can say is keep doing what you're doing. It works!

Carol Rigby said...

A great post.I love your dog painting. This is why I like blogging. You get to see all sorts of artwork you otherwise wouldn't see.

Ginny said...

Congratulations on your blogging anniversary. I am so glad you started to blog nine years ago. I look forward to visiting every week.

I too have been blogging a long time. When people ask me how I started I truly can't remember. For me the best part is the people I have met all over the world. It is so hard to explain to people that don't blog that I really feel like I know my blogging friends and that they have inspired me and taught me so much throughout the years.

JKW said...

What a great blog. . I didn't realize I have been blogging for 7 years, an art blog for my sewing and creating (I was also writing for an on line ezine - Themestream). I began a 2nd blog 5 years ago for photography and musing. http://jkwgalleries.blogspot.com Congrats. . .I look forward each week to your creativity and writings/musings. Blessings, Janet PPF

denthe said...

Wow, 9 years!! nine years ago I didn't even know what a blog was.... ;-) Loved reading your thoughts about blogging, and I agree with most of it. Except for the art that you're not happy about. I have that too on my blog, but isn't it interesting to see the progress you made, and where you come from? I always love going back to the start of someone's blog, and see how their art has changed. For me the most important thing about blogging is the connection with like-minded people, helping eachother out, encouraging eachother, giving and getting ideas and inspiration. So many talented people out there :-)

Katie Jeanne said...

Congrats on 9 years!! Wow! That's quite an accomplishment. :)

I must say, this is probably my favorite post you've written so far (that I've read). I always like to get into the minds of other bloggers because I've been addicted myself since 2000.

The biggest thing I've learned about blogging..hm..it's got to be having boundaries. When I first started blogging, I had an "anything goes" mindset. I wrote all kinds of personal things. For me, it was a HUGE mistake.

It took me a few years to put a filter on it. Now, my personal life is off limits. I keep my focus on art and my business. I have far less people angry at me these days. ;)))

Faye said...

Congrats on 9 years blogging! Like you mine has changed quite a bit too. I'd hate to go back and see what I did years ago! Love your post, as always. Happy Easter to you and Cupcake and Beardo.

J C said...

Ah Ms. Giggles. How wonderful that you are nine years into this blogging thing. I am right behind you. Came on board in 2006 and cant believe I am still at it. Sometimes I do get tired of it, but then I just walk away for awhile, and sooner or later I find my way back. Usually by then there are new things going on. I seldom look back at my art or old posts. LOL Scared to maybe! Loved this post AND the art!

Karla B said...

Congrats!I have been blogging for 7 years in Portuguese but less in English. I learnt that we can make many good friend in blogland and they are very important in our livess too.Happy Eaterr, my friend. May your heart be warmed by this special moment.

alarmcat said...

enjoyed reading your positive/negative list. i can relate to many of these things, too. i've been blogging for about 7 years (I'm on my second blog). it is definitely a good way to hook up with "like minded" folks! that's the part I like the best.

Ariel said...

Congrats!Sherri. 9 years is a long time and indeed an achievement. I am so happy to have met you here as there is so much common in our thoughts and when I read your posts I am like, "oh yes this is exactly what I too have felt😊"
Thank you for sharing your vibrant art and wonderful thoughts here.
Hugs
Susan

Carol said...

Nine years is a worthy anniversary! Congratulations!!!!! I've been hanging out in cyber- land for 8 years now starting out with my home and garden blog. It's been a long and winding path but I have met so many truly awesome people yourself being one of the most awesome!!! Love the art and love the post this week :)

Abigail Davidson said...

Congrats! And the Easter theme works beautifully with your style -- so sweet and colorful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the nine years old!! In those years there are lots of thoughts, doubts, joy, creativity!

My blog (in Finnish) turns 10 this year and your thoughts about blogging felt familiar.

Sandy said...

Congrats on 9 years of blogging well done on keeping it going.. I use my blog as like a journal on how I do my art.. I find it really handy to look back and see where I got the inspiration to do a page and what I used. I think the thing that I have learned from blogging is that my art is always changing. What I was doing when I started my blog is completely different than what I do now. It's great to look back at the start of my blog and just see cards and how that developed into mixed media, art Journaling, collage. The change is really there to see. Yes I am glad I have blogged for 3 years now and can see this development of my art. Such a fun journey I have had with wonderful people that have come into my life from blogging. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I bet has been a great 9 years of adventures. Love your happy bunnies. Beautiful and very happy colors. Love them!!

Have a great day!
Nora

sheila 77 said...

Happy 9th Birthday, Giggles.
I always love reading your blogposts, and read each one several times before I comment as I want to think about it.
There are two great things about blogging for me - meeting artist friends all over the world who can emphathise with my art, and being "forced" to carry on making art because my blog is calling that it is time for a new blogpost.
Against blogging? - sometimes it takes precedence over Real Life when it shouldn't.
Love your Eccentric at the beginning, what a good time he is having, maybe he has just published a good blogpost, and love the three thoughtful dogs and your flying bunny.

Tammie Dickerson said...

WOW!! What an accomplishment - 9 whole years of blogging!! I love your bunny art and the wonderful lists of nine! You are such a thoughtful, caring soul - it has been a pleasure to share in the blogging experience with you! Wishing you many more creative years ahead :)

Sirkka said...

Congrats Giggles for your 9 years in blogland! I have blogged in 5 years now and can tell you, that it has been very interesting, got new friends, contacts, like you. It has helped me to go on with my art work. This time has been fantastic! Thank you for all your sharings and interactions Giggles!

Anonymous said...

Happy blog birthday :D wow it is really amazing that you have been blogging for 9 years :) It is really great to read your thoughts about blogging and what you have learned from it :)

Unknown said...

Being relatively new to blogging, I truly appreciate the wisdom you passed along from your experience. I was trying hard to keep up your artwork as i was reading, finally gave up, scrolled back and just looked at it. Thank you for sharing it, love the colors! Happy blogaversery! Diane from PPF

Cindy D. said...

You've got a great attitude about the blogging! So many cute images this week but my fave is definitely the cute dogs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...